Want to know what is common between a sprained ankle, a sore muscle and an ACL tear? All of these should ideally be examined by an orthopaedic doctor. However, the internet today has made it so convenient to look up your diagnosis online, leading to the tendency to self-medicate, rather than seek professional help.
Here are 7 clear signs that it is time to stop relying on the internet and visit an orthopaedic clinic instead:
1. If you’ve just had a sports injury and the pain/swelling has not subsided within 24 hours: If you participate in sports frequently, it goes without saying that you are going to have new bruises every time. However, if a new injury is still painful and you feel that the swelling has not subsided within 24 hours, it is time to visit an orthopaedic clinic. It is quite likely that you have incurred soft tissue damage, which needs to be attended to swiftly.
2. If you have chronic joint pain: We all have those off days when we just happen to wake up on the wrong side of the bed and every joint in our bodies seem to ache for more rest. However, if unusual and unexplainable joint pain seems to persist for more than 3 to 4 weeks, you need to book an appointment with an orthopaedic specialist. Chronic pain is often an indication of a more severe, underlying issue and it is best to get it checked.
3. If you have knee pain that gets worse when you lift weights: Knee pain is a common ailment, especially as people approach middle age. If you experience knee pain that gets worse when you climb a flight of stairs or carry weights, you may be looking at more complex knee ailments. In addition, if you knee makes a ‘clicking’ sound often, you should contact your orthopaedic doctor at the earliest.
4. Back pain that gets worse when you lift weights: Just like knee pain, you ought to visit an orthopaedic doctor if you suffer from chronic back pain that gets worse when you lift weights. Back pain is often an indication of problems related to the spine or a herniated disc and should not be neglected at any cost.
5. Acute pain that makes it difficult to perform routine tasks: If you are having trouble getting out of bed, it goes without saying that it is crucial that you see an Orthopaedic doctor. Similarly, if you are having trouble while performing routine tasks like going on a walk or if you experience a sharp joint pain frequently, you should pay a visit to an orthopaedic specialist.
6. If you experience restricted range of movement: Do you feel an increased stiffness in your joints as the days go by? Have you experienced a gradual drop in your flexibility levels because of stiff joints? These symptoms might be an indication of joint-related ailments like Arthritis and need to be examined immediately.
7. If your general physician recommends that you get joint replacement: If your general physician concludes that you need to undergo joint replacement, you will need to visit an Orthopaedic clinic. At Orthosports Medical Center Dubai, you can rest assured of receiving quality medical treatment from experienced orthopaedic surgeons.
On a concluding note, we would like to tell our readers that finding the right orthopaedic clinic in Dubai is just as important as your decision to undergo orthopaedic treatment. Our doctors at Orthosports are seasoned with years of training and expertise in every aspect of orthopaedics and are well-equipped to assist you every step of the way.
If you are considering getting orthopaedic treatment, walk in to our orthopaedic clinic in Dubai and we will be happy to help. You can also click on the given link goo.gl/t3tydx to book an appointment with us. Let us keep Dubai moving!